5.01.2008

Oooogity Whoop!

My oh my, today was just a wee little CRAZY! It all started with getting up & out of bed at 5:15am after only hitting the snooze 4 times (big accomplishment as of the late). i got to work at 6:34am and the day was off to a quick start, even though there was only one other person in the building for the next hour. The day could not have gone by any faster than it was going and i didn't think there could be any more fires that could possibly start (it is truly a rare occasion when i feel like a professional fire fighte, but today was that day) when yet i had one more fellow co-worker bring another wonderful techology problem my way.

It is now 8:45 am and i'm starting to shake from my 2 cups of coffee that each have 1 creamer packet of irish cream and a 5 count pour of sugar into my cup (I count each of those 5 seconds in my head as "one mississppi, two mississippi, three mississippi, four mississippi, FIVE mississippi" all while trying to sound like the Swedish Chef from The Muppet Show (an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbs64GvGgPU )). I like my 2 cups in the morning, even though i was told by a Dr. a few years back to stay away from caffeine, oh well. ... Anyways, I sit down in my office and all buy 5 minutes later i have my visiting manager from our downtown office asking me where a good Chinese place is so he can order lunch without having to leave the office. Really?... couldn't he see that i had my boots & fire fighting helmet on with face sheild down? how am i supposed to know where a chinese place is? so, i sent a few emails out to some co-workers to see if there were any recomendations (hoping that someone was a preferred customer and would have everything taken care of for me or at least maybe they had favorite food item to tell me to order) all i got was one response out of 5 but nothing else. I had to google the only 3 places that were close to get a phone # or menu or something. I called "the jade fountain at 9:38am and it rang FOR.E.V.E.R and there was no answer, again 10:14am, no answer. I bring this info to my Mngr & he says to me he does, "this is good, but i need to get from A to Z, right now i'm at L,M,N. gotta get to Z" (it didn't come across as bad as it does now as i write this. he's a good Mngr) dang. so again send out an email asking "my 5" for some help. maybe they can find some menus around, give them to our Mngr or just take this might task off my hands. they all jump on board but unfortunately everyone has come up short. ugh. so i again go to my good friend mr. google and look for an office catering place i had used a few years back. sure enough within 5 minutes i had lunch ordered for the office and had stomped out one little campfire... oh then i see an email that our normal "lunch ordering lady" had sent me since she was out of the office. the email was a receipt for a lunch that was already coming in... OOPS, two lunches (each able to feed about 20) and with one team in AZ there were only 17 of us in the office today... and yes, i did try to cancel one of the lunches but it was too late. oh well. Dang.

the day just kept right on moving and i had more and more people asking me the same questions that they've been asking me for the past week and i kept telling them, "i know, i've done everything that i can. It is out of my hands, i can't go any higher. ... yes, i can try calling tech support yet again but it won't do any good. there is a problem with the system and we're working on it. please be patient? thanks :)" which is pretty much what i've been telling them for the past week. BOO for technology & being in charge of it for an office!

before i know it is is 4:08pm and i remember that i have a chiropractic appointment at 4:30. Yikes! gotta go gotta go!! .... really, i had to hit the water closet before i went to have my body all twisted and popped back into place. when i get the the chiro about 5 minutes later (its just down the street from the office) and am walking in i noticed that it is REALLY nice out, i was inside all day and it looked so crappy i just thought it was crappy. nope. 68 and a nice breeze.
back indoors i am now on a chiro bed with hot packs on my back and electro shock shooting through me i am finally starting to relax (yes, sometimes i can) when the Dr. comes in and starts pushing and twisting me in not so relaxing ways. done, on the road. traffic sucks. I just CAN'T RELAX!

as i get home and think of how there is still a chance, a dreamful wish, one small glimmer on the horizon that i will be able to relax tonight. Then it hits me like a cows hoof to the side of the head, THE OFFICE AND LOST are on tonight!!! OooOgiTY WHOOP!!!

No comments: