8.25.2008

Who Let the Slack Out?

I have really been slacking lately, and not just in regards to updating my blog, in most aspects of life... but it's for a good reason, so i like to think.

For 2 long weekends in september i am going to the boundary waters w/ 2 different groups of friends and i am VERY excited. I am pretty much thinking about it all the time. Saturday i went to REI w/ Brad & Tara and picked up a few essentials, such as a new nalgene bottle(because i didn't have a blue one w/ a picture of trees on it), spoons, food, gas & soap. I LOVE REI!
This amazing weather isn't helping me focus much either. I love having the windows open and to be able to listen to the crickets all night w/out having to wipe the sweat off my face due to humidity. I can't wait to be out in the woods, sitting around a campfire with nothing but the sound of nature. I can't wait to watch the gazillion stars in the sky for hours on end! I can't wait to see the fog roll off the glasslike water each morning! I lOVE IT!
To add to the anticipation, I am getting close to moving out of 3dudesplace and have allowed Brad to have his room back (yep, i'm THAT nice of a guy that i let the owner of the house have his room back... he's the sucker for giving it up ;) ... or he's the nicest sucker for giving it up, whatev) ... but anyways, i slept on my sleeping pad last night w/my head by an open window listeng to wonderful outdoor-like noises all night. I was sleeping on the floor, w/ cool, fall-like air filling the room and hearing crickets. I actually woke up at one point and wasn't sure where i was, but i just grinned a little & rolled over and i'd bet i was back to sleep before i finished rolling over.
well.. anyways, I'm slacking, because all i want to do is go camping. AND i love fall so i am very excited for it to be here. THEN i also LOVE winter and when i think about fall i start to think about winter and then i start to think about Snowboarding and i LOVE that too. dang. ... too much stuff to be thinking about on a monday night.

yep, so as my grammer, spelling, puncuation & any other writing type errors show, i'm am truly slacking and am ok with it :)

HAPPY DAY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Timmers! I'm SO jealous. This is my first summer (minus my year in oregon) that I did NOT go to the B-dubs since probably middle school. I feel sad, ashamed and downright depressed just thinking about it. And now I hear you're going TWICE...and in the FALL even. You are, quite possibly, the luckiest man I know.