10.24.2008

Best Costume Ever! ?

Costumes can be fun, exciting, cute, scary, skanky, boring or just not very original. Halloween is right around the corner which means there will be many people dressing up. I for one have enjoyed making my own costumes the past few years & am making one again this year. I think i know what i am going to be this year, but i am always trying to think of the most original costumes that i can.

The first costume i made was a "moth". have you ever seen anyone dressed like a moth? no, neither had i, which is why i wanted to be one. it was an original idea. two of my buddies had great costumes as well. Brad was "Beckham w/Posh" by his side (manikin head w/ dress) & Bormes borrowed his Grandpa's old Navy uniform & was a "sailor"/"popeye", good stuff.


Next i was a "maple tree" which included an actual stuffed squirrel (thanks to my friend jenni, check her out @ thejenniadventures.blogspot.com/, she's great!) I enjoyed this costume. Brad was a "hot air balloon", also pretty good.








Last year i was really struggling about what i wanted to be. I had bought some PVC pipe to use for one idea, but then changed my mind and decided to be a "balding eagle" (because i'm not bald) & used the pipe for my wings & nest. Brad was "a body of water" he had various 'water' things attached to him... (i'll just say... it wasn't his best effort)



I want to ask what you think the best costume is that you've ever seen/been/dreamt of/heard something about.

I may throw out a few more 'great' ideas i've had, just to see if anyone else thinks they are as great as i do..


well.



let me know, eh?


3 comments:

Brad said...

Pretty sure my hot air balloon costume was awesome (not just pretty good).

Anonymous said...

(lol at brad.) So Tim, I was just thinking about the tree costume a couple weeks ago and I have to say, I totally snagged your idea last week for a YL halloween club. I did not look as great as you did (does anyone really?) BUT, I had the squirrel and quite the amount of fake leaves. No worries - I gave you all the credit for the idea.

Hmmm...great Halloween costume ideas? I'm pretty sure I was a bottle of mustard one year (peggy and amanda were the hot dog/bun). Good luck!

tara said...

brad as beckham with posh was one of my favorites. the posh mannequin was amazing!!!!! and i think the tree costume is also one of my all time faves. everyone at my party raved about that costume. however, the fact that bormes actually shaved his head so as to appear bald-- that is real dedication to a costume!!