3.17.2009

Time... to find a new dream

what is 'time'? is it just the way we measure our days, is it a certain period of life or is it a magazine? whatever 'time' is, i have A LOT of it these days!....well, not so much of the magazine, but all other forms.

close to one month ago, i was laid off from my job of 3.8 years. some people might think this is "too bad" or "so sad", but i think of it as a blessing in disguise. would i like to have a job right now? sure, i guess that would be good, but here's the deal: i didn't love my job (a hush falls on the audience w/ one woman gasping from shock) and am ready to move on.

i am looking at this time as an opportunity to find something that i love doing and am pretty excited about it, but here's the deal; i'm not sure what i want to do. i was doing: finance, operations, tech support, reception, inventory/supply ordering and an occasional 'stress therapy' session from time to time (co-workers would stop by the front desk w/somethings they needed to get off their chests or needed advice on. the highlight was seeing stressed people walk up to me & 5 minutes later see smiling people walk away). i also enjoy kids, adults, animals, computers, working w/my hands, being outdoors, having a somewhat flexible schedule and free weekends.

i will take any and all job suggestions, please help me find my dream!

Thanks, T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Timmer! Joe told me the news awhile back and I've been meaning to give you a call. We should grab coffee within the next couple weeks - and put our unemployment checks to good use.