5.18.2008

Look out Sweden, Here I Come!

I'M GOIN' TO SWEDEN!!

On this coming Thursday evening I will be boarding a plane with my sister Jen & cousin Lisa and the three of us will be on our way to Sveriege, and I am VERY EXCITED!!

I don't want to know how fill w/ anticipation this week is going to be because as I sit and think about my trip, I am already very anxious and can't relax one bit. I have 3.5 days of work that I need to get through before I leave & do believe that it will unfortunately end up being a bit stressful. With my boss leaving the company last week, my work load has grown just a tad, actually a lot. I spent 4 hours at work today trying to get somewhat organized so I won't end up staying too late on Thursday and missing my flight... ooh, can't think about that possibility. Whatev.

In order to get ready for my Sweden trip, I've been taking Swedish lessons off and on for about the past 6 months, gotta love the PimsleurApproach. I'm by no means fluent, but I do think I will be able to ask any woman, with confidence, if she'd like to eat dinner at my place :) I've also been listening to some Swedish rockers so I will be hip to the local music scene..... or maybe a few of my favorite bands this past year just happen to be from Sweden and I won't be too hip, who knows? Anyways, check out these bands: ShoutOutLouds, Peter,Bjorn&John and TakenByTrees. I like them all, they are good!
Oh, and I really like SigurRos who are not from Sweden but from Iceland. We'll have a 8-10 hr layover there so we'll be able to go out enjoy some scenery & I'm very excited about that too!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What!? I didn't know you were going to Sweden! Bring back some wooden shoes for me (wait, I think that's Dutch)...okay bring me back a gigantic beer mug thing (wait, I think that Germany)...

Fine, I'll just go to Ikea while you're gone and think of you.

Ehlan said...

say "Yo" to the bro-in-law for me :)