6.19.2008

Singin' in my Sleep

I like to think that I am a person that usually rememebers my dreams, i'd say at least 57% of the time. I had a good one the other night that i was involved in a slow speed, wild west, horse & carriage shootout. the best part was that I was making the bullets out of ice as we went along. The fact that dreams can be so random (or not, as mine proves to be) is indeed a strange thing. Another strange thing is when you wake up with a song in your head, you know what i'm talking about, right?. However, the mornings that i wake up with a song in my head i don't usually rememeber many of my dreams. I mean, just this morning i woke up singing "Crimson & Clover" by Tommy James & the Shondells. You know the part, "Cri i. i. mm s o. n and Cl o. o. v e.r, O. O. ve. r & O. O. ve. r". Yes indeedy, i truly have that song going around in my head Over & Over. WTC (what the crap), I have not heard that song in forever! what could i have possibly dreamt about that made me wake up singing that song? and when this stange phenomenon occurs, what do you think the chances are that i might have been audibly singin' in my sleep all night? weird.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, sometimes it is a terrible thing to wake up with a song in your head...unless on the rare occassion you get either Gangsta's Paradise or Enrique Iglesias...Those are good days.

Timmer said...

i can imagine those would lead to a good day. unfortunately, i have not ever awoke with either in my head, but maybe some day i will be so lucky.

Becks said...

Two things:

1) It's a good thing that I wasn't sitting next to you and your ice bullets in that shootout cause I would have munched them all and we'd all be dead.

2) Remember in Jimmy Eat World's, "A Praise Chorus" how they sing "Crimson and Clover Over and Over?" Maybe you were listening to that...or them...or whatever.

Joey said...

I used to love that song "singing in my sleep" by semisonic.

miss you bud