10.13.2008

Sounds of.... thought

Do you ever take the time to hear the sounds around you? I know that I for one rarely do. It seems that I am always going, going, going & don't take time to listen or....... think. I don't know if i just don't let myself take the time or if it truly does come down to the fact that maybe i can't relax. If the time ever comes along & i do actually relax, i just tend to fall asleep which still keeps me from my thoughts. dang, it's rough.
There was a time this past weekend where i took the time to listen to my surroundings. I was sitting on the ground listening to a fire crackle & snap, the crickets signing away all around me, the sound of a slight breeze through the air & an occasional crack of thunder in the distance; it was really an amazingly peaceful time. I was actually starting to unwind and let my thoughts go when it started to rain causing me to stop thinking and go, go, go! i want to listen to & hear so many things in life that i don't take the time for. Maybe it's time I change some things up, re prioritize, sit back, breathe, block out the noise, pray, plan & relax a little bit; then, just maybe will i possibly hear all the incredible sounds of thought.

No comments: