11.04.2009

Time Flies

I know I’ve said it before, but I can’t believe that I’ve been here this long, 5 weeks! Wow! Ok, I’ll probably only say something like that just 2 more times, sorry. Let’s see, what has gone down? ….

This past weekend was Halloween. Now, I know for many of you, this was just another day where kids come to your doorstep, ring the door bell and say “trick or treat!” You either acted scared because they had on a scary costume or your heart melted because they were so darn cute. Oh, and then you gave them loads of candy. Sounds like fun, and I’m sure it was. Last year was my first time handing out candy, and it was great. For those of you who didn’t read last years entry, "Best Costumes Ever!?..." I was a giant chicken. My favorite trick or treaters for the evening were silent as I opened the door, granted, I as I opened the door I abruptly squatted down and just stared out the 3 kids and their dad, or some sort of father figure. After about 30 seconds of silence the biggest one, probably too old to be asking for candy, and dressed like Jason (from Friday the 13th?, I think) simply said, “whoa” and then the youngest one, dressed like Freddy (from Nightmare on Elm St) said, “trick or treat”. The 3rd kid, dressed like a ware wolf, never said a word. Yep, it was great! One of the most non-scary costumes, a chicken, caused 3 of the scariest costumes to go speechless!

Ok, so anyways, this year, well Halloween isn’t that big here is Sweden, so no kids running door to door, no parties, too bad. However, they do celebrate All Saints Day which is considered to be the more Christian side of Halloween. It is a day to remember anyone who has passed away over he past year, more of a day of mourning.

Well, i learned more about both All Saints Day and Halloween than i knew before, very interesting what writing a blog teaches you :) I had a good costume planned for this year too, oh well, just have to make it for next year.

No comments: