11.05.2009

Time Flies.. CONTINUED

So, I talked a lot about Halloween, but not so much about All Saints Day. Whoops, guess I just got in a reminiscent mood or something.

Saturday, October 31st started out like any other typical Saturday….no, wait, it didn’t. I got up and went to church, on Saturday morning. **short detour** do any of you work in a church? How do you get used to the schedule? I am always so messed up as to what day it is. Typically we take Monday off, that throws me off for the whole week. But going to church on Saturday morning, that REALLY messes with the whole, “weekend/week” clock. Oof! **detour over** I was a little hesitant because I knew the service was going to be in Swedish, so I sent Aaron a text to see if he was going to be there and if he could translate for me, he was, good. The service was to remember those that passed away this past year, there were 5 members of the church that had died and each of their names were read and then put up on the screen. It was especially heart wrenching when Gustav, the pastor, came to the last name, Mrs. Fredrickson, because she had just recently passed away on October 25th and her family was in the front row. Her husband, Sven-Erik, is an old, active guy that runs marathons and rides his bike everywhere, year round. He is about 85 years old, has white hair and thick black rimmed glasses, Aaron says, “he looks like Geppetto, from Pinocchio!”, and he does! but it was hard to see him hurting. I've gotten to know him just a little bit at a few Wednesday morning prayer meetings, and he is a very gentle and loving man, so to know that he is hurting, hurts. I think it was gave a sense of closure for his family at the service though, i saw some smiles afterwards as they were talking to people.

The rest of the day was pretty laid back, until 19:00 (7:00 pm) when the Jannerland's had a party at their house. now, i know you're probably thinking that this was a "Halloween" party, but you would be wrong. it was a party for "anyone that knows the Thompsons". If I haven't mentioned it, Aaron's parents were here for 2 weeks and it is their 4th time visiting, so they've gotten to know a few people in the area. It was a nice evening with dinner, laughter and even singing. there were around 30 people and was definitely a good time. I almost had forgotten about the all the parties that were about to start back home as i was getting home at around 1:00, but i got online to check my email and see if i could Skype with anyone (I'm usually on a few times per week sometime between 4pm & 6:30pm CST - Skype name: tim.olson6 - hint hint, wink wink) and ended up talking to my sister and parents and heard all about their plans for the night. good times!


**I'll post some pictures later**

No comments: