3.01.2011

March

The sun is shining and the snow is melting. The wind is brisk, yet still refreshing. It is a perfect day for a walk. As much as I love winter and the fun that it brings, I might finally be ready for a change. It is, in fact, March 1st and spring is just around the corner, no matter how much I'd like for winter to stay a little longer. I am excited for things to begin growing once again. The first sign of plants sprouting up through the dirt is quite a sight to see, one that means there will soon be color all around.
I've begun to think of what I want to plant in my garden this year and have been getting excited to get things going, however, I soon put a halt to my excitement and remember that Jeff is planning on doing some changes to the house and garage, meaning that the back yard will be a big pile of dirt for most of the spring. It makes me sad to think that I won't have a garden this year; maybe I'll just have to plant in pots and place them around the front yard. If anyone wants to have a garden in their yard but don't want to take the time to tend to it, just let me know, I might be able to help.

3 comments:

Brad said...

t's gonna be so sad/mad if you don't have vegetables she can eat this summer!

Brad said...

t's gonna be so sad/mad if you don't have vegetables for her to eat this summer!

Anonymous said...

Tim, I MISS YOU and I miss you blogging! Keep writing so I can keep up with you :)

And I didn't even think about growing produce on my deck...hmmm, now the wheels are turning. Do you think you could grow asparagus in a pot? I might have to consult The Great and Powerful Google.

Hope you're well!